Abby was never pushy. If Aisli didn't want to talk about something, the conversation moved on. Both women kept abreast of the news both locally and globally and they shared their thoughts on those matters freely.
Aisli's personal walls were strong and fortified. Abby's gentle persistence were no match for these old giants, until one day Abby asked the question that knocked on the door of the great wall, "What about your dad?" Abby looked lovingly upon her new friend, Aisli looked right through her, slowly got up and walked away without a word, never looking back. Abby watched her friend through the glass window that let all of the outside visible to the inside and a single tear fell from her eye, she knew that she would never see Aisli again.
Aisli did finish early and found herself walking the beach before heading home. Everything inside me wants this day to end for the nightmare and the ghosts to go away, that the haunting of this gray day will come to an end. It is if the sun's hang time is caught and the setting of it will never come.
Joe is not a bad guy, I think to myself, I am just not interested in anyone, it doesn't really matter if someone is good or bad, straight or gay, right or wrong. Although I belong to the human race, it doesn't mean that I have to be engaged with any of them. My misery does not love company. It has gone way beyond that.
The colors will be back tomorrow. Maybe I am just out of tune like a bad TV reception. A good night sleep will cure it. Life in full color will return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment